Tuesday, February 4, 2014

More Digital

This afternoon I was messing around with my tablet and getting frustrated with digital painting, again. It seems like whatever I do, it comes out looking digital and plastic. Finally I decided to just try something I'd never done before, and go with a very stylized, almost brush and ink black-on-white. That seemed a little boring, so I changed the white to red, and started. I got about halfway in, and was pleased with what was going on, but something seemed lacking. I needed another tone, and so I opted for a darker red. A little bit of messing around later, and this is what I got. It's definitely much, much different than anything I've done traditionally, but I think it came out fairly well, and has helped me expand beyond what I'm "comfortable" doing.


1 comment: